Rev. Carl H. Kemp, Pastor
The Place of Father in the Home
June 18, 2006
- The Father is Responsible for setting an example in the home!
- He should set a worthy example for his children. Ezek 20:19
- He who sets bad examples have hardships children who follow his example. 1 Kings , 26
- He who sets bad examples brings hardship to his children. Exodus 20:5
- The fathers association with his wife.
- He should have a sacrificial love for his wife. Eph.5:25
- He should live joyfully with his wife. Eccl. 9:9
- He should give honor to his wife. 1 Peter 3:7
C. The fathers association with his children.
1. He should recognize that children are a gift from God. Gen. 33:5
2. He is commanded to correct his children. Prov. 29:17
3. He should correct his children without provoking them to wrath. Eph. 6:4
- The father is responsible for the spiritual welfare of his family.
1. He is responsible for the training of his children. Prov. 22:6
2. He is responsible for bringing his children to worship. Deut. 31:12, 13
3. He is responsible for bringing his children to Christ. Mark 10: 13-16
- The father is responsible for the material welfare of his family.
i. He is commanded to provide for his children. 2 Cor. 12:14
ii. He is to provide for both his sons and daughters. Job 42:15
iii. He who does not provide for his family has denied the faith. 1 Tim 5:8
- The father is responsible for protecting h is family against sin.
i. He should protect his family against intemperance. Prov. 20:1
ii. He should protect his family against an unequal yoke. 2 Cor. 6:14
iii. He should seek to protect his family against divorce. Matt. 5:31,32
- The father should be honored in the home.
i. He should be honored as the head of the home. 1 Cor. 11:3
ii. He should be honored by his children. Ex. 20:12
iii. He should be reverenced by his wife. Eph. 5:33
Sermon Notes Archives
THE KNIGHTS CREEK EVANGELICAL METHODIST CHURCH is not responsible for the content of any advertising banners displayed on our Guestbook and/or our links pages by Bravenet Web Services. As a ministry that is in the world but not of the world we ask that you too be understanding if that content is not consistent with our moral standards. If you do see something that interests you and is consistent with your convictions we ask that you consider patronizing that advertiser. Thank you to Bravenet for their valuable free services.
Contact Our Webmaster
Find True Peace Today
| Frames | Home | Welcome | We
Are | We Believe |
| Our Pastor | Services | Resources | Links & Rings |
| Members |